Pedro Cortés is a computational designer and software developer currently working as a VR developer. With an experience of more than seven years in the AEC field, Pedro has not only directed architectural projects but has also worked on the development of digital tools for the project process. He is an expert in designing computational and algorithmic solutions for the automatic realization of façade designs & details. As a part of the innovation department, he is used to working with Revit, Grasshopper & Rhinoceros in the workflow to generate logically handled prototypes of Grasshopper scripts, which can ultimately be used for digital fabrication.
He has also previous teaching experience at Studio Banana, Technical University of Madrid, and UIC Barcelona, where he has been sharing his computation and fabrication expertise.
He graduated with Honours from the Master’s in Computational Architecture (MIAU) in the Technical University of Madrid, Faculty of Architecture in 2018, and is a licensed architect in the University of Valladolid. He has also be trained as a software engineer (.NET full stack) from Barcelona Activa (2020).
View my work
VR full-stack developer in Produktia. February 2020- Currently
– Built web application for data reconciliation between design, programming, and cost estimation teams. Part of a team of three. (React | Node | ASP.Net Core).
– Mentored newer developers and enabled contributions across a global team.
Net developer in SICE. November 2020 – January 2021
– Designed and developed various libraries and tools so that the development team could operate and quickly view/navigate inside terabyte-sized files.
– Became part of a growing team of developers working on multinational projects for large Australian clients developing functionalities in the business application, working always in .Net and C#.
RPA Engineer in Roboyo. May 2020- October 2020
– Developed design automation tools for RPA projects in UIPath. Managed internal tooling codebase, implemented development standards, administered code reviews, and performed GitHub repository admin responsibilities.
– Creation of process development documents (PDDs) in coordination with Subject-matter experts (SMEs) as well as the respective technical documentation such as DSD and UAT.
Computational designer in CT Enginnering Group. January 2020- May 2020
– Consulted for a fabrication company, offering design development, complex geometry rationalization, digital and analog fabrication preparation, data analysis and visualization, and algorithmic design.
– Consulted for a real estate developer, offering spatial analysis and visualization, GIS data integration, digital workflow strategy and development, and company identity and branding.
Proffesor assistant in International University of Catalonia. September 2019- January 2020
– Computational design (lessons for 1st year students). Department of Graphic Expression.
Software developer in Linkbub. January 2019 – December 2019
– Experience in developing web application as a junior full-stack developer.
– Back-end: Net Core, ASP.NET CORE, Entity Framework Core
– Front-end: AngularJS, Angular2, React
Architect in Otto Medem Arquitectura. October 2012 – February 2018
– Experience in providing full concepts through delivery architectural design and construction administration services.
– Project architect developing all state of many projects and competitions, making detailed designs, drawings, specifications.
– Web page design graphic and content manager.
– Part of the design team for several architectural contests, some of them with the first prize achievement.
Proffesor assistant in ETSAM Polytechnic University of Madrid. September 2014- February 2015
– Projects VIII subject (lessons for 5th year students). Department of Architectural Project.
Architect and CG Artist in 24Studio. December 2010 – October 2012
– Production and postproduction of animated images and shorts in 3d mainly for the architectural sector and advertising media.
– Part of the design team for several architectural contests.
– 3D software: AutoCAD, 3DSMax, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, VRay, ZBrush and Vue.
EDUCATION & RESEARCH
ETSAM Polytechnic University of Madrid. Master in Computational Architecture 2017-2018
– Computer Graphics. Creation of digital environment across the mastering of image and render’s motors and visual programmation for VR and AR.
– Project Generation. Modeling and resolution of projects, adapting the workflow to the analysis and definition of every project’s element.
– New Technologies. Information manipulation, data control, impact across data visualization, development in programming environment (Python).
ETSAM Polytechnic University of Madrid. Master in Advanced Architectural Projects 2013-2015
– Part of research group Architecture and Urban planning
– Part of Madrid Urban Lab #hacerplaza. Medialab Prado.
– Research Project: Spaces of representation versus spaces of presence.
CICE, School of New Technologies of Madrid. Professional Master in hyperrealistic infoarchitecture 2012
– Especial knowledge in 3DSMax, AfterEffects, Premiere and NukeX
ETSAV University of Valladolid .Degree in Architecture (1st and 2nd Cycle) 2004-2010
– Assistant in Architectural Theory and Architectural Projects Department. Year 2010
– Research Project: Spanish landscape architecture in the last 25 years under the mentorship of Darío Álvarez Álvarez.
EXHIBITIONS, LECTURES AND AWARDS
– Accesit in SB10MAD Contest with Aguas de Março. Student competition for an urban reconstruction proposal in Valladolid. April 2010
– Highest honors in the Expert Master in Architectural Visualization with professional management of architectural modeling programs and composition. June 2011
– First Prize in profesional competition organized by Ikasa for 75 apartments in Somosaguas. Currently under construction. January 2014
– Exhibition such as part of Playforrebel in #festivalderegalosurbanos in GaleríaMagdalena – Madrid. April 2014
– Exhibition and collaborative project such as part of Payforrebel with ATLAS. RESAD. Madrid. June 2014
– Publication about actions for research in cuartopoder.es/otromilagro/madrid-laboratorio-urbano/6498. June 2014
– Lecture for III Jornadas Internacionales de ALCES XXI. Soria, June 2015
– Exhibition in ARCOMadrid with a sociological project with young artists. Madrid. February, 2015
– Lecture ‘Extrañamientos: les violons’ during the Borderscapes sessions in Master in Advanced Projects. UPM. Madrid. October, 2015
– Finalists in profesional competition organized by Q21 for 144 apartments in Mostoles. January 2016
– Lecture for International Congress Contested Cities with “Urban Hacktivism”. Madrid, July 2016
– Lecture for International Congress Contested Cities with “Spaces of representation versus spaces of presence”. Madrid, July 2016